A UK company is looking for an enthusiastic individual, able to learn quickly to troubleshoot a broad spectrum of technical issues in situ and to develop robust best-fit solutions to a wide range of support challenges. Applicant must be self-reliant and self-motivated.
- You will talk to users on a daily basis and will need to have excellent technical understanding in order to provide the best, most effective solutions
- Own and manage incidents by liaising with the development teams, tracking failures, organizing meetings where necessary and following up, post incident.
- Identify and build tools and scripts in order to enable smoother day to day running of the business, enhancing and advancing technical output for the business.
- Configure, test, and troubleshoot software installs in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Monitor the operation of various servers, host systems and application components.
- Deploy, monitor, troubleshoot systems and logs collection.
- Performing all data processing duties in an accurate and timely manner.
Specific duties and expertise as follows:
- This position requires good technical knowledge in areas such as computer networking, software installation, and Linux system administration. Experience using Linux (preferably CentOS) administration basic knowledge.
- The candidate should have prior experience in computer applications, languages, technologies, advanced set-up and configurations, troubleshooting, and system design.
- OSI model concepts and TCP/IP networks knowledge.
- Confident with products like Confluence, Git, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Operation of IT Service Delivery and Service Desk systems eg SLAs, allocation of tickets, performance monitoring.
- Provide Microsoft Windows Server operating system support:
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Ensure Windows server availability compliance to Service Level Agreements.
- Address operational systems issues including file and share permissions, user accounts and installing applications.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Maintain Anti-virus applications and updates.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software issues.
- Support to server deployments.
- Level 1/2 support of:
- FTP, WSUS, Anti-virus repository servers
- Java Web Applications/Tomcat/Apache
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- 6-month contract with potential to extend.
- Working hours are 8 hours per day with 1 hour lunch break, on a rota alternating between 09:00 to 18:00 AZT, 10:00 to 19:00 AZT (Summer) and 11:00 to 20:00 AZT (Winter)
- Work on some Azerbaijan national holidays will be needed, subject to Azerbaijan statutory overtime payments.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- English – excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, fluency in Azerbaijani and Russian
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Basic skills working with an enterprise-wide, large-scale matrix environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required
- The work will be performed in a multidisciplinary team environment with tight deadlines
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic about new technologies, and work well in small teams.
- Only Azerbaijani citizens are eligible for this position.
- University degree/Diploma in IT Systems/engineering or related subject
- Microsoft certification
- Experience in Oil and Gas IT
How to apply for this position:
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Please send your updated CV to the following email address: email@example.com or click on Apply Now
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please indicate the position you are applying to (Junior System Administrator) in the Subject field of the email.