In a live and complex operation like offshore oil and gas, physical process variables may be challenging to access and measure, let alone the calculation of derived engineering variables and indexes, such like phase fractions, losses, availability and productivity. Weak signals and trends that may provide early warning can be missed, leaving the operation in a perpetually reactive state.
The Eigen Analytics Platform is a powerful data transformation engine that can be user-configured to calculate virtual variables, such as virtual flow rates, chemical dosage, oil and water fractions, total production, and efficiency KPIs. Alerts can be generated when abnormal values are detected.
A typical offshore oil and gas platform may have equipment in the hundreds, making it impossible to calculate inferred variables by hand.
- Excessive time spent in calculating and reporting metrics
- Out of date or inaccurate data leads to poor decision-making
- Incorrect dosage of chemicals increases costs, degrades equipment, and impacts production.
- Operations run sub-optimally impacting value.
- Digital – or virtual – measurements and calculations can fill in the gaps left by limited or non-existent equipment instrumentation.
- Calculations can be made on the fly, leaving engineers free to analyse trends and spot anomalies, even in the past.
- Early warnings from alerts configured to detect abnormal values can shift operations to a proactive, ‘always on’ state.
- Fault-tolerant production totalisers improve the precision of metrics, indexes, and calculations.
Eigen’s knowledge graphs
Built in calculations
Having joined Eigen in 2022, Ben has demonstrated his analytical skills by mastering the creation of new Neo4j Knowledge Graph models and solving the most complex process data analytics problems.
“I was given the challenge to develop an 8000 well graph model which seems a bit scarry at first, but with the help of the guys in the office, pretty quickly we had a model built and running.”
Easy to read case studies, which dive into how and why our solutions are so effective.
Eigen Analytics Platform
The Eigen Analytics Platform enables on-the-fly data integration and calculations with powerful web-based data manipulation and visualisation tools.
- 27 different, user-configurable functions to let users manipulate time series data
- Complex, field-tested calculations to tackle real-world virtual calculation problems
- Powerful alerts engine to detect and provide early warning of anomalies.
- Avoid the need to export to Excel to perform calculations and generate graphs
More from Eigen
Read more about Eigen’s approach to dramatically cut deployment time and deliver solutions clients really value.