At EIGEN, we take data privacy very seriously. Data protection and privacy are part of Eigen’s Information Security Policy subject to internal and external audits.
To protect your privacy, EIGEN follows different principles in accordance with the most stringent practices concerning privacy and data protection, which are aligned with Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the British equivalent “Data Protection Act 2018”.
- Customer information that comes into the possession of EIGEN in the context of a contractual agreement shall be kept confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party without the consent of the other party.
- We will not disclose personal customer data such as your name, postal address, phone number, email address or any other personal information to anyone.
- We will use state of the art security measures to protect any information you give us from unauthorised access.
EIGEN through planned and systematic measures, will ensure adequate information security with respect to confidentiality, integrity and accessibility when processing personal data. Such information protection policies shall be made available to the Customer and its auditors, upon request.
Customer (non-personal) Data
During the course of business with Eigen it may be necessary for customers to share data including plans, project information, designs, databases, etc. This data will be processed within the bounds of our contractual scope of work, and also:
- Data shall be kept encrypted on the Eigen Servers or on Client owned and hosted servers only, and not on any laptop or removable media.
- Data shall be obtained with the purpose of completing our contractual obligation to the customer and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose unless written permission is granted by the customer.
Customer Personal Data
Eigen does not generally process personal data except customer contact details.
Customer’s contact details will be used in the normal course of business engagements with the customer and, if specifically consented by the customer, for the distribution of information about Eigen’s products and services, which will be of interest to the customer.
Personal data shall not be transferred to countries outside the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA) without the prior written consent of the Customer.
The Customer has the rights and duties set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 with respect to the treatment of personal data.