Estimates put unplanned downtime at more than 30 hours a month per offshore facility, costing the industry billions of dollars a year. Much of its root cause lies in the lack of robust data to inform planned maintenance and operational decisions.
At Eigen we understand the interplay of people, plant, and process. We build and integrate solutions that provide accurate, timely status of plant and process performance and enable teams to work together to keep operations running safely and reliably.
The Eigen Analytics Platform provides high-end visualisation, data integration and collaboration tools, including world-class solutions like Confluence, to enable on and offshore teams to collaborate confidently and proactively.
See how Eigen’s Mobile Monitor keeps supervisors and engineers up to date with operations on the go
Typical oil and gas operations are hugely reliant on people to gather data, make decisions and take action.
Knowing who you have on board, shift rotas, flights planned, permits etc., are major sources of inefficiency and tension – and require full-time staff to administer.
Without the latest, accurate information operational teams cannot collaborate with each other, meaning the facility runs sub-optimally at best and unsafely at worse.
- Offline reports do not give the full operational picture leaving senior management and onshore staff less informed of the latest developments.
- No single source of truth increases the risk of poor decisions and creates inefficiencies as people work harder to compensate.
- Knowledge is poorly captured or kept in silos, impacting the operator’s ability to learn
- Share situational awareness on dashboards drives efficiency and improves decision-making and planning
- The right information flows to the right people at the right time and place.
- Silos break down as confidence in both data and across teams increases.
- Staff shift to more proactive behaviours, offering ideas, positive challenges, and feedback.
Joel is a Digital Oilfield specialist with more than 30 years experience in the automation of Usptream Oil & Gas processes and operations. After learning to program in an Apple II computer, Joel became a Digital Oilfield pioneer having designed and deployed digital solutions since the early 2000s. Joel has played project/product leadership and programme management roles in PDVSA, Petroleum Experts, Matrikon, Honeywell, BP (seconded to Field of the Future programme) and since 2018 in Eigen where he helps new clients define the solutions they need.
"Every oil & gas field is different from all others. I love to learn about and help solve the different digitalisation challenges posed by our clients and getting to know the new generation of Petroleum Engineers demanding digital-first field management tools."
Eigen Analytics Platform
The Eigen Analytics Platform integrates with around 40 data connectors, enabling real-time visualisation and rapid decision-making.
- Wiki-based tools encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration through feedback, suggestions and decision records.
- Data Transformation Engine to perform on the fly calculations, record trends and detect events.
- 100% user-configurable for engineers to customize solutions that meet their needs – and share them for everyone to use.
- Multi-channel display and access to latest data when and how the user decides.