Oil and gas facilities and operations are highly complex, making it virtually impossible to understand the risk posture when thousands of Safety and Environmental Critical Elements (SECEs) are involved in the health of Barriers.
Our digital tools manage barrier performance and aggregate risk across huge assets and track multiple factors that quantify and indicate the risk of major accidents.
Eigen’s risk management solutions are being used on a daily basis by the leading NCS independent oil & gas companies to prioritise their maintenance operations and demonstrate compliance as required by the Petroleum Safety Authority in Norway.
Number of Safety and Environmental Critical Elements being monitored by Eigen software in real-time in a typical installation.
Read our latest case study on the Safety Barrier Panel
Operators today, set a high bar on their own process and personal safety expectations, along with tighter regulation and inspection standards. Evidence is required of active risk management to prevent incidents escalating into major accidents.
Spreadsheets can’t cope with the variety and volume of such data, meaning risk management is handled more reactively and compartmentally than is necessary – or advisable in high-risk operating environments.
- Operators are forced to rely on out-of-date information increasing their exposure to major incidents.
- Maintenance activity plans are not always addressing the biggest risks.
- Performance and proactive risk management is a challenge to demonstrate to senior leadership and regulators.
Our Safety Barrier Health Monitoring system, underpinned by Eigen Analytics Platform and powerful Knowledge Graph integrates data from multiple sources to provide operations-wide risk profile and barrier integrity, as well as enabling drilldowns into specific equipment impairments.
Our Major Accidents Risk Indicator web applications enables distributed input into a risk cause-effect model to keep track of cumulative risk indicators for a variety of operations.
- Birds eye view across entire asset and drill down to a single piece of equipment.
- Real-time risk status, with alerts system and automated workflows.
- Calculations of cumulative risk.
- Modelling capability to rigorously stress-test an operator’s barriers to proactively identify points of weakness.
Number of data points passing through Eigen systems every minute
Number of interrelated objects in a typical Knowledge Graph
Number of data connectors and APIs within Eigen Analytical Framework
With more than 15 years experience in managing software development projects in a wide variety of sectors including gaming, finance and Oil & Gas, Ian is comfortable managing large and distributed Agile Scrum teams as well as Waterfall projects.
“I love the challenge of modelling a safety barrier graph model: being able to accurately replicate complex engineering relationships is not only essential for the client’s benefit but also personally satisfying.”
Easy to read case studies, which dive into how and why our solutions are so effective.
Eigen Analytics Platform
The Eigen Analytics Platform acts like the back-end to our risk and barrier management solutions, dynamically integrating data from multiple sources to perform calculations, identify trends and build insights:
- Knowledge graph connects data with context across complex systems mapping SECEs to barrier functions, barriers, areas, systems, performance standards and Major Accident Hazard risks.
- Data Extractors connect to data sources to create standard signals which are then processed to calculate the risk in different contexts
- Users can drill down to the root cause of barrier impairment thanks to the context provided by the Knowledge Graph.
More from Eigen
Read more about Eigen’s approach to dramatically cut deployment time and deliver solutions clients really value.